The communications industry is constantly changing with each passing year and this constant change creates both opportunities and challenges.
Having served both utility and communications industries for over a decade, Volt Power is well positioned to meet these challenges. We were there for the build-out of the early telecommunications systems and the early fiber backbone for several utility companies across the United States. Our projects have been conducted to enhance utility S.C.A.D.A. systems and private telecommunications businesses. Our experienced splicing crews have performed many of these projects to the satisfaction of our customers.
- Optical Power Ground Wire (OPGW) overhead-fiber installation on transmission line circuits (69kv-345kv)
- ADSS (All Dielectric Self Support) overhead fiber installation on transmission (69kv-345kv) or distribution line circuits
- OPGW splicing 24-288ct or higher
- OPGW to ADSS cable transition splicing at substations
- OPGW OTDR bi-directional testing 1310/1550
- OPGW pre-reel certification testing
- Power-Meter & light source final acceptance testing and documentation
- FDC’s / patch panel installation at substations, AFL/Corning products
- Pigtail splicing / patch cords
- Connector termination / hand polish ST, SC, FC and LC connectors
- Substation trenching and handhole installation